Surnames

Surnames in my tree include: Kunnmann, Hoffman, Basso, Koster, Lutz, Denton, Cavagnaro

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Week 2:
#52Ancestors

Amy’s prompt for this week is “Favorite Photo”. I don’t think I can pick just one, how about three? Even that is hard. I am envious of people who have pictures of ancestors going back many generations. Let me start by saying if you have pics of our ancestors, please send me a copy.

Kunnmann – Koster family


Minna, Anna, John Koster
This one is a favorite for several reasons including who’s in it, and how I found it. In December, 1921, John Koster (my great-grandfather) applied for a US Passport.  The purpose was to travel from the US to Germany with Minna (wife) and Anna (daughter) “to visit relations.” It wasn’t until several years after finding that record that I looked at the back of the application and found the passport photo that showed the three of them.  While I had seen a picture of my great-grandmother while elderly, I had NEVER seen a picture of my grandmother Anna. In this photo, she was 12 years old.



Basso – Canning Family

I have quite a few great pictures going back in this family. 

One of these was provided by Carol (McLaughlin) Neilson, who I “now” know is my fourth cousin.  (We have the same 3rd great grandparents, John Canning – Catherine McGley). 

 In 2014, Carol sent a picture from her mother’s wedding.  At the time we weren’t sure how, or maybe if, we were related.  The two people on the front right are obviously my maternal grandparents (George Basso and Genevieve Canning).

Hoffman – Denton family 

George and Nancy Hoffman around Barbara Schineller
Some of the most precious photos are the ones where not many photos exist of the person. This picture from the early 1950s shows Nancy and George with their maternal grandmother, Barbara (Schineller) Lutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment