Surnames

Surnames in my tree include: Kunnmann, Hoffman, Basso, Koster, Lutz, Denton, Cavagnaro

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

ADDENDUM to first posting.

I think, based on feedback from Amandus’ 2nd great granddaughter, (my daughter Patti) that part of what I posted was unclear. In fact, I now realize there was a serious error.

Kunnmann:
There were three brothers, of seven children of Amandus Künnmann and Ernestine Henriette Dröge.  These three brothers (Karl, Ferdinand and Wilhelm) all immigrated to the USA in the early 1920’s.
Koster:
There were eight children of George Ludwig Köster and Catharina Margaretha Metta Pape. Two are of interest in this discussion: Johannes (John) George Koster and Ella Rebecca Koster.

John Koster married Minna Schroeder (Minnie). Their daughter was Anna Koster.

Have I lost you yet?

·      1st Kunnmann – Koster marriage: Ferdinand Kunnmann and Ella Koster – Ellen’s grandparents.
·      2nd Kunnmann – Koster marriage: Karl Kunnmann and Anna Koster – Steve’s grandparents.

So, both Ellen and I, and many of you, are related to Amandus and Ernestine Künnmann and to George and Catharina Köster.

I will address the topic of 1st, 2nd cousins and times removed in another post.


I hope this is a bit clearer.

#52Ancestors

No comments:

Post a Comment