Surnames

Surnames in my tree include: Kunnmann, Hoffman, Basso, Koster, Lutz, Denton, Cavagnaro

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018

This is week 3 of my #52ancestors challenge and the prompt is “Longevity.”  I took this to mean who lived longest.

Of course, I am not counting all the living ancestors today as I hope they will all exceed 150 years!

I am also discounting a possible ancestor of Nancy’s who may have lived for 110 years, but I cannot confirm her as an ancestor.  She would have been Nancy’s 10th great grandmother Jane Whitehead who lived from 1603 – 1713. I cannot confirm the relationship nor the dates but a nice thought.

There are many identified ancestors for whom I do not have both birth and death dates and, finally any as of yet unidentified ancestors.


Nancy’s 2nd grandmother however is much better known.  Much of the information comes from New York State and United States censuses.  Censuses are not perfect sources of information, but in Agnes’ case, the many censuses from 1892 until 1940 are very consistent.

Agnes Mildenberger was born on 15 Jun 1874 in Germany and immigrated to the U.S. in about 1886 at 11years old.

Agnes married Adolph Schineller on 27 Sep 1892.  They were married until his death on 14 Jan 1913, about twenty years. They had four children, including Nancy’s grandmother Barbara.


Agnes died on 05 Oct 1981 at the age of 107 years, 3 months, 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment